The Appointments Committee is an Academic Senate participatory governance committee. This Committee helps the president expand the pool of faculty volunteers for Academic Senate committees and other related District and Continuing Education service.
- Vice-President or President-elect of the Academic Senate
- Faculty (2)
The goals of the Appointments Committee are to make faculty appointments for:
- New and vacant positions on Academic Senate standing committees;
- Ad hoc Academic Senate committees;
- Shared Governance committees;
- Membership on District and Continuing Education committees when requested administration;
- See that up-to-date lists of all Continuing Education campuses members are available to the Academic Senate Executive committee; and
- Shall consider, each year, revision of the list of committees and the duties and functions of each committee, and present its recommendations to the Academic Senate.
The Academic Senate Appointments Committee shall carefully observe the following instructions in making its nominations and appointments to committees:
- Responsibility for serving on committees shall be spread amongst a wide variety of faculty members;
- When possible, all members of a committee shall not be completely changed from one year to the next;
- All effort will be made to avoid having a faculty member chair more than one committee at the same time;
- Faculty chairs and co-chairs of committees will serve two-year terms and may be elected for subsequent terms; and
- Faculty on leave of absence or sabbatical may not serve as committee or subcommittee chairs.
Meetings will take place as needed in-person or via email and minutes will be posted. Meeting agendas and minutes will be posted on the Continuing Education web page at http://gov.sdce.edu/.