The Curriculum Committee is an Academic Senate participatory governance committee. The committee is comprised of representation from Continuing Education faculty, administration, and staff. The role of the Curriculum Committee is to support the development and implementation of curriculum to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse student population and the community we serve.
Elected by committee - Two Year Term. The Committee will elect a Chair in the first meeting of the current Chair’s last year.
- Administrators 1,
- Classified 1,
- Faculty 9
- The Curriculum Committee shared Governance committee is charged with the responsibility of reviewing and approving curriculum and related Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs);
- The Curriculum Committee provides details on meetings, forms, templates, and other important curricular information to faculty and staff;
- The Curriculum Committee is dedicated to fostering excellence in instruction and providing effective student programs, which support dynamic, comprehensive teaching and learning techniques to promote student success;
- The Curriculum Committee supports the district-wide efforts to improve educational instruction and administration through technological enhancements; and
- The Curriculum Committee acts as a liaison between District-wide curriculum and instructional activities and the Student Services and Information Technology Departments.
The Curriculum Committee will:
- Give an overview of the paperwork, timeline and meetings involved in developing a new course or revising an existing course;
- Discuss the format of the outlines and give specific directions to developers to ensure the outline conforms to our outline template;
- Review Continuing Education outlines and revisions monthly;
- Provide reports from the District Curriculum and CE to the Academic Senate, and to the Vice President of Instructional Service, regularly; and
- Provide Technical Review Committee with information prior to committee review.
Committee will meet no less than once per month at a regularly scheduled time. Meeting minutes will be posted. Meeting agendas and minutes will be posted on the Continuing Education web page at http://gov.sdce.edu/.
- As needed.