The Environmental Stewardship Committee is an Academic Senate participatory governance committee. The CE Environmental Stewardship Committee functions as a participatory governance committee with the goal of educating faculty, classified, and students regarding recycling, conservation, and hazardous waste disposal. The committee investigates projects and policies that encourage compliance with AB 75 and encourages the college to satisfy the guidelines of SABRC (State Agency Buy Recycle Campaign). Implementation of sustainable development on campus is encouraged by the committee.
- Vice-President or President-elect of the Academic Senate
- Administrators (TBD),
- Classified (TBD),
- Faculty (TBD),
- Students (TBD)
To raise awareness of recycling/environmental practices on the CE campuses and surrounding community.
- Continue to send one representative from CE to the District ESC monthly meeting;
- Determine appropriate future events and learning experiences for CE that promotes the District’s environmental policy;
- Establish schedule of events in Continuing Ed. to promote ‘green’ environmental practices (i.e. guest speakers, displays, video presentations);
- Develop a means and the material to provide instructors with ways to incorporate environmental practices into curriculum; and
- Work with administration to ‘green’ our facilities and locations.
Committee will meet approximately once per month or as needed. Meeting minutes will be posted. Meeting agendas and minutes will be posted on the Continuing Education web page at http://gov.sdce.edu/.
- As needed.