The Executive Committee is an Academic Senate participatory governance committee. This committee considers the academic and professional matters that fall within the purview of the Academic Senate. It formulates recommendations and opinions on these matters and forwards them to the Academic Senate Executive Council for approval or referral to appropriate subcommittees. The Executive Committee functions in the name of the Academic Senate when specifically directed by the Academic Senate. The Executive Committee has the authority to act as official representative of the faculty when it is not possible for the full Academic Senate Executive Council to meet in order to develop official Academic Senate positions on Continuing Education and District business. The Academic Senate shall be informed of all positions developed by the Academic Senate Executive Committee.
- Academic Senate President– 2 year term
The committee shall consist of the:
- Vice-President or President-elect,
- Immediate Past-President,
- Treasurer, and
- Chair of Program Chairs
The Executive Committee shall:
- Provide direction for the standing and ad hoc committees of the Academic Senate Executive Council;
- Respond in writing to decisions and/or actions by any level of administration, where such response is needed and is directed by the Academic Senate Executive Council;
- Act as an information conduit between faculty and administration in matters affecting the academic and professional programs of Continuing Education as outlined in Constitution Article II, Purposes. The Academic Senate Executive Council shall be informed of any recommendations offered; and
- Consider such other matters that may not properly be concerns of the Academic Senate Executive Council but that affect the academic and professional programs of Continuing Education.
Any action of the Academic Senate Executive Committee may be reviewed at a meeting of the Academic Senate provided notice is given to the Academic Senate President in time for placement of an agenda item.
The Academic Senate Executive Committee shall meet regularly, at least one week preceding each regular meeting of the Academic Senate and at other times as necessary at the Academic Senate President’s request or as directed by the Academic Senate, or by request of at least half of the Executive Committee members. Meeting minutes will be posted. Meeting agendas and minutes will be posted on the Continuing Education web page at http://gov.sdce.edu/.