The Professional Development Committee is an Administrative Governance Council committee participatory governance committee comprised of representation from Continuing Education faculty, administration, and staff. The purpose of the committee is to integrate professional development into the culture of CE by systematically offering excellent training and in-service opportunities across all disciplines. These learning opportunities stimulate dialogue among colleagues and the sharing of best practices with the goal to increase effective and efficient learning of all students.
- Dean, Special Populations & Professional Development
- Dean of Special Populations & Professional Development
- Nine Faculty Members
- Two Classified Members:
To ensure that Professional Development opportunities:
- Provide relevant educational topics for the entire institution;
- Support faculty and staff in their pursuit of training that the mission of the institution;
- Provide opportunities for enrichment in the identified areas of: technology, safety and Dealing with Change; and
- Are offered to all employees of CE
Work closely with the Continuing Education community to ensure Professional Development opportunities exist and are utilized by all community members. Requests for Professional Development will be approved by the Committee by consensus in keeping with Ed. Code 87153.
Committee will meet the second Wednesday of each month. Additional meetings scheduled as needed. Meeting minutes will be posted. Meeting agendas and minutes will be posted on the Continuing Education web page at http://gov.sdce.edu/.
- Flex Committee