The Executive Governance Council (EGC) is the highest level participatory governance committee in Continuing Education. Accordingly, members of the committee are the highest level executives in the institution, representing Presidents and Vice Presidents from the Academic and Classified Senates and Administrative Governance Council. The primary function of the EGC is to promote governance participation and engagement by vetting concerns and topics through appropriate committee structure for detailed review, analysis, and recommendation to the EGC. EGC accepts and reviews these committee recommendations, rendering an executive recommendation to the Continuing Education President.
Continuing Education President, Academic Senate President, and Classified Senate President.
There is no tenure in the Executive Governance Council (EGC). Membership in EGC is exclusively by position held as follows:
- Continuing Education President
- Continuing Education Vice President of Instruction and Student Services
- Continuing Education Vice President of Administrative Services
- Academic Senate President
- Academic Senate Vice President
- Academic Senate Chari of Program Chairs
- Classified Senate President
- Classified Senate Past President
- Classified Senate Vice President
Each of the above groups must have a minimum of two (2) of the three (3) members present for a quorum to be established. If no quorum exists, an EGC meeting will be cancelled.
- To promote participation and engagement in the governance structure;
- To rely primarily on participatory governance committeerecommendations from the Academic Senate, Classified Senate, and Administrative Governance Council;
- To act as a final check and review that committee recommendations are based on a non-partisan analysis and review of the facts and data, promoting student success as the primary goal, disclosing and subordinating all other interests; and
- To make sound, non-partisan recommendations on important concerns and topics to the Continuing Education President.
Executive Governance Council meets the second and fourth Wednesday of the month, September through June. Meeting minutes will be posted. Meeting agendas and minutes will be posted on the Continuing Education web page at http://gov.sdce.edu/.